Guide to skincare for men may not sound well in your ears but I can tell you it is becoming an industry.The manufacturers of beauty care products have blatantly ignored men while persistently pursuing women. A decade ago beauty regime, cosmetics, etc were considered a female’s prerogative. So what’s new? There is a clear blurring of gender lines in today’s world. Eyebrow plucking, facials, massages, manicures, pedicures, hair removal, and hair colors, which were regaled to women only, now find a mention in men’s list for beauty.
Men and Skincare
Men have shown interest in taking better care of their skin. The simple daily ritual of cleansing and moisturizing is the key to healthy beautiful skin. Men’s skincare products include moisturizing creams, cleansers, face and body wash, scrubs, exfoliant, and night renewal cream with a variety of natural ingredients for example sea salt, coconut, Aloe Vera, and even beer.
Guide to Skincare for Men
Men’s skin is 20% thicker than woman’s skin because it’s richer in collagen and elastin. The active sebaceous glands make the skin much oilier. No matter what is your skin type, you have to clean your face daily. Deep cleansing keeps the pores clear, skin healthy, and good-looking. Just like women’s skin, men’s skin is also prone to dehydration, sun damage, changes in the environment like air pollution, climate, etc. Basic cleansing, protection, and moisturizing after shaving is an effective skincare routine.
– Daily face washing will unclog the pores and help in the prevention of a variety of skin conditions such as pimples, acne, ingrown hair, etc.
– Daily shaving of their face makes the skin prone to dehydration. Use shaving creams or foams designed for specific skin types.
– If your skin is prone to imperfections such as nicks, pimples, etc after shaving; soothe the skin with a moisturizer or after-shave lotion.
– Sunscreens are not only for women. Men’s skin should also be protected against the sun. Buy sunscreen or moisturizers with SPF of 15 or above.
– Steam your face before shaving. It opens up hair follicles. Splash cold water on your face after shaving to close the pores on the skin. Aloe Vera is a wonderful post-shave moisturizer.
– The use of the correct oils for oily and acne-prone skins can be very helpful. Essential oils like lavender, sage, mint, and tea tree are naturally antiseptic, active, and help heal the skin.
Eating Habits and Men’s Skincare
– Eat a balanced diet and stay active. Up your intake of fruits and vegetables and avoid greasy fried foods. Exercising clears your pores and increases your metabolism and sweating cleanses your inner body.
– Drink plenty of water daily to keep your skin hydrated. If consume liqueur, beverages, or soft drinks, increase your water intake to keep your self from being dehydrated.
Skincare for men is akin to women’s skincare regime. Clean your skin every day and moisturize your skin for healthy beautiful looking skin.